n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling
I received a wonderful Liebster Award nomination from Michelle at Midwest Beauty on a Budget and am excited to share the love. The Liebster award is a fabulous way for new bloggers to get to know each other. A big thanks to Michelle for the nomination.
First, the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Display the Liebster Award and the rules.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Write 11 facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers).
6. Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
Now we’ll start with Michelle’s questions…
1. Why did you start blogging and what advice would you give new bloggers?
I’d toyed with personal blogs in the past and had a few, but I got hooked on subscription boxes and kept scouring the internets for blog posts about the contents of various subs. I figured if I was investing so much time and money in the boxes, I should share my thoughts with other addicts like me and thus my blog was born.
2. What are your favorite qualities about yourself?
I am creative and when random situations call for crazy solutions I can pull together a miracle. It also gives me an easy escape so I can also spend long boring meetings writing stories in the margins of my writing pad. I am also a steadfast friend that people can count on.
- What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
So hard to pick one – I’d say Chinese takeout and subscription boxes (of course).
4. If happiness were currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Writing and music. My first love was singing and my second was writing. If I could spend all my time singing and making up stories I’d be gloriously happy.
5. If you could have one super hero power, what would it be and why? Okay fine… what’s your runner up power if you could have two?
I guess for a superpower I’d have to go with mind control and then super strength as my backup. With the former you can pretty much accomplish anything and with the latter you can just kick some ass.
6. Tell us something on your bucket list:
To buy an old house in the country and fix it up myself.
7. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
I make lists for my lists. If you try to stop me from planning stuff I tend to hyperventilate.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (historical or famous), who would it be and why?
Damn, just one? This is hard – It’s really a toss-up between Charles Dickens, Beethoven and Albert Einstein. Don’t make me choose!
9. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
Put all my stories online, then grab my nearest and dearest and go somewhere pretty to play some music until the end.
10. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
I’m huge on quotes, so this is actually a super hard question for me. I’m going to cheat and give you two. I’ll start super nerdy (and sentimental) with a Latin quote by Seneca “Quos amor verus tenuit tenebit” which translates to “Those whom true love has held it will go on holding”.
The other is from Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, “Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.”
11. Where do you want to travel most?
The UK – I have an intense love of everything British so I’m dying to see London. I’d also love to visit the Irish and Scottish countryside.
11 Facts about Me:
1. I have no middle name.
2. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Music and an MFA in Creative Writing.
3. I once slept through a monsoon on a houseboat in India.
4. I survived a horrific sunburn and the port-o-potties at Woodstock ‘99.
5. When I was a sophomore at Syracuse I interned in the Publicity department of Columbia Records.
6. Dragon Age is my favorite video game and I am counting the months until the next one comes out.
7. I once sang “Santa Baby” from the top of a piano at a cabaret club in midtown Manhattan.
8. I participated in a Lindy Hop contest.
9. I have never dyed my hair.
10. I won “the most talented award” in high school.
11. In undergrad, my workstudy job was as a recording engineer in the school of music.
So many talented blogs. Here are 11 wonderful nominees (in no particular order) whose blogs deserve some love (and bookmarks!).
#1 Evelyn from Fashion Briefs
#2 Kiersten from Ramblings of a Subscription Addict
#3 Catharine from Love Life Outloud
#4 Minara from Hijab Life
#5 Esta from Living Fiesta
#6 Kelly from Then Came Kelly
#7 Beth from Beeju Boxes
#8 Krystal from BeautyLifeGeek
#9 Jessie from Oscar & the Bee
#10 Cassie from Packages, Boxes and Bags
#11 Michelle from Sweet Dreams Jewelry
And a bonus blog “para mis amigos que hablan enspañol”:
McNeish from Sobretodo by YBM
My Questions for the Nominees…
1. What is the best present you ever received?
2. What was the best surprise you ever had?
3. What was your favorite book when you were little?
4. What is your favorite book as an adult?
5. What is your favorite place to visit?
6. If you could win an all expenses paid trip to one destination, where would you choose?
7. Who is your hero and why?
8. What is your ultimate favorite TV Show?
9. What is your favorite accessory that you own?
10. If you could visit any period in history, what would it be and why?
11. If you could have a year of any of the subscription services out there right now, which would you choose and why?